Legal advocates provide guidance, emotional support and legal help to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. They help empower victims by rebuilding their confidence and self-esteem, provide information and referrals for available resources including health clinics, mental health services, housing information, legal resources, food and clothing, job interview prep and child care.
Legal advocate services provided:
- Listen without judgment
- Help victim to create a safety plan for self and family
- Case management
- Advocacy with medical, court, child welfare and other systems of care.
- Accompany victim to court, police station and hospital.
DID YOU KNOW?
• Intimate partner violence is most common among women between the ages of 18-24.
• 19% of intimate partner violence involves a weapon.